| My background is in engineering design and construction of city infrastructure including the delivery of pipelines, waterways and many underground structures in Christchurch.
The move into professional project management was a natural progression and I have had the opportunity to lead teams that have successfully undertaken significant building and community development projects around New Zealand including the Upper Riccarton Library, New Zealand’s first purpose-built award winning community and high school library.
I am also a Project Management Professional (PMP), Fellow of the Project Management Institute of NZ and Registered Engineering Associate.
|I am an independent consultant in leadership and workforce development and provide consultancy and training services to a variety of organisations including government departments, Councils, tertiary institutions and commercial organisations. I have also had a range of senior management experience in the service organisation sector that includes human resources management, training and development, business development, marketing, communications, planning and policy development.
I have a particular interest in organisational culture. In 2001 my work in this area was acknowledged by the HRINZ (Human Resources Institute of New Zealand) Initiative of the Year Award for a leadership development programme and in 2003 I travelled to the University of Sheffield to take up a scholarship to further my interests in leadership. I have extensive experience in culture change management and while Human Resources Manager of the Christchurch City Libraries, this Unit of the City Council was placed in the top twenty workplaces in the Unlimited Best Places to Work survey in 2003.
As part of my consultancy I provide governance support to schools on contract to the Ministry of Education and facilitate training sessions for the New Zealand School Trustees Association. From 2003 to 2007 I chaired the Board of Trustees at Christchurch Boys’ High School.
I have a BA from the University of Canterbury, am a Fellow and former Vice-President of the Human Resources Institute of NZ, and an Associate of the Library & Information Association of NZ Aotearoa.
What you can expect from us
- We have held senior management positions in large organisations and speak from experience
- We have a broad ‘toolbox’ of approaches we can use depending on your unique situation
- We use processes to suit the scale of the project to avoid ‘over’ or ‘under’ kill
- We spend time up front to clearly establish what support you need before we propose how to work with you
- We focus on what is already working well so this can be strengthened and consolidated – unnecessary change is avoided
- We build skill and capability within the organisation so you are not dependent on us
- We break things down into simple concepts and steps that can be easily implemented
- Our work is well documented to enable the organisation to take the next agreed steps and actions